TYPES OF TAXES
INITIAL TAX – when you buy a property from the second market:
PCC (podatek od czynności cywilnoprawnych) – tax on civil law transactions
2% the value of the subject of the transaction – in this case the property. The buyer is obliged to calculate the appropriate amount and pay it to the bank account of the competent Tax Office. This operation should be performed by the notary with whom you sign the final notarial deed of purchase of the apartment.
Real estate tax – collected at the beginning of the year by the City Hall. It is determined by the competent city office in the city where the property is located. It cannot be higher than that determined by the Ministry of Finance for a given year. In 2021 it is PLN 0.85 per 1 square meter.
Land tax – less and less frequent, as new apartments are built and sold with the land. The tax rate in 2021 may not exceed PLN 0.99 per 1 square meter of space.
APARTMENT LEASE TAX
A lump sum – 8.5% of the earned income each month.
General rules- 17% of the earned income each month.
A LUMP SUM
- 8.5% of the earned income each month;
- must be declared to the tax office before the 20th day of the month after receiving the first salary, i.e. if I receive the money at the end of June for June, I have to inform the Tax Office by July 20 that I choose this form of taxation;
- you cannot include any costs incurred for the property;
- from the income received, you must prepare and send annual declaration PIT-28 to the Tax Office for the previous year – deadline – end of February;
- 17% of the earned income each month;
- if you missed the deadline to inform the Tax Office to select a lump sum taxation, you have to stay on general rule tax until the end of the year;
- you can include costs incurred for the property: monthly consumption of water, electricity, internet, rent, renovation + depreciation of the building (from 1.5% new flats to a maximum of 10% old buildings);
- from the income received, you must prepare and send annual declaration PIT-36 to the Tax Office for the previous year. In this declaration, you include your regular income from the work – deadline is end of April